Sunday, August 31, 2008
Rose Tee from Ottobre
I actually made these in June but didn't get the finishing details done until after our move in August. Of course, thats when I realized they were too big. Mind you, I'm still wearing them. In fact I'm wearing the Rose Tee now (green one).
Overall I like the pattern, fairly easy to put together. The V-neck on the Rose Tee gave me fits and still doesn't look great. I used a satin and it was so slippery I just did not get it lined up right. For the next one I'm going to try a less slippery fabric. I do like the woven and the knit together. I did cut the sleeve bands on the bias since I have larger arms and thought a bit of stretch would be nice. Surprisingly those are great. I love the way the sleeves turned out, which explains why I'm ignoring the neck and wearing the shirt anyway.
The maroon Tee was made with the sleeves of the Rose Tee since I liked the puffy sleeve. Its the scoop neck from the same issue. Really easy to put together. I made a 46, which included the gathering on the side which was easy enough but too high for me (ie I guess my cans aren't as perky as they should be). Turns out, though, that the 44 does not include the gathering so I won't be dealing with that on my next version. I did a thin binding for the neck instead of doing their way and then coverstitched, which I think turned out great. I'm getting so much better at that!
I'll definitely be making a few more when I get back, with my new knits.
Funny enough this Spring has really been the Season of One Thimble (affiliate link). It started off really innocently, I signed up for ...
So the sure fire way to get me back on the blog is to sign up for a blog tour. When Suzanne from Winter Wear Designs asked if anyone was in...
In keeping with my running theme of BRING ON SUMMER, I decided to join some friends in a little Shorts & Capris Blog Tour hosted by Ti,...