I started by taking new measurements. I'm terrible about taking new measurements when I know they've increased. Still I wanted to do this right, so new measurements and a new print out of the pattern. I did some stash diving and found a print that had most of the colors from this spring's Panetone colors. Perfect! I, however, didn't have enough for the full tunic so I decided to make the back in a matching color and to lower the back to do a hi-low hem. Fun.
Then I tackled the neckline, very willy-nilly. I added an inch to the inside neckline of the front and the back. I did smooth it out after.
I also wanted to narrow the shoulders as I knew it would be to wide across. I decided to do a dart on the back shoulder similar to an Ottobre pattern I'd just been sewing over the holidays. I liked the way the back of that shirt sat on me.
I redrew the entire back with the hi-low hem. I used the Marco pattern for the curve.
I also took in the front shoulder along the princess seam to match the new back shoulder. No picture, it was a little trial and error as I had to keep taking it in to the bust point until it was smooth.
These pictures are the basted version, I wanted to make sure everything fit nicely before I sewed it up. I muslined the sleeve because I have larger biceps and needed to make sure the sleeve was going to fit before I cut the last of the fabric I had.
I think it turned out almost perfect. I love the look. I am modeling with a turtleneck because its still too cold around here to wear it without but I like it better without. I'm waiting until it warms up a little to wear it.
Its still a little wider across the back than I'd like, so I'll correct that in the next version. I also think it can come in under the bust on the princess seams as it stands out a little there. Of course that might be the weight of this particular fabric. Overall I think it worked out great.